Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Scooter Upgrade





In this video, I show the process I took to upgrade the electric scooter. The upgrade allows it to go farther, using the extra battery pack. The new batteries rest on the back, making it a little less stable, but it isn't too bad. The batteries are hooked up in parallel to give the extra range. Therefore, the batteries in total have about 48 amp hours (12 aH per 12 volt battery). I charge the two sets of batteries individually on a 1.5 amp charger. I might buy a higher amp charge- something like 3 amps, to make charging time quicker. Until next week...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post an equally cool comment as your vid but it just looked pathetic…but…awesome! So how far did you get?

    ReplyDelete