Saturday, October 31, 2015

Vietnam War Casualty: Paul Vincent Nelson



Although this isn't engineering related, I thought I'd share with everyone a history project I made on a Vietnam war casualty: Paul Nelson. One thing I really liked about the project was that there were barely any restrictions or guidelines. We could make a poster, grow a tree, anything we wanted. For my casualty, there wasn't much information online, so I ended up calling numerous people to try to find out more about who Paul was during high school and the war. (All of the quotes in the video are from phone calls) The project gave me the opportunity to know Paul as a friend, even though I never met him. As the movie "Taking Chance" told it, "You're his witness now. Without a witness, they just disappear." 

1 comment:

  1. your dedication in time and thought to making sure this young soldier has his story told are immeasurable. You are able to use your gifts to facilitate the visions of your heart.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete